Change-of-Campus Orientation at University Park is aimed at providing you with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College.
For students joining us for the Spring 2020 semester, we’re offering one Change-of-Campus Orientation program on Sunday, January 12, 2020. Orientation for change-of-campus students is not required. If you’re not planning to visit University Park for orientation, you’ll have an option to select “I’m not attending Change-of-Campus Orientation” as your program choice. All change-of-campus students must select a program, even if it’s to tell us you’re not interested in attending.
Here are some of the sessions that you will attend during your orientation program:
- an official welcome to University Park;
- an overview of new financial considerations including increased tuition and cost of living;
- meeting with an academic adviser to finalize your first semester schedule;
- information about career and internship services;
- an opportunity to connect with other change-of-campus students;
- a discussion about staying healthy and safe on and off campus;
- and information about continuing your previous involvement and exploring new opportunities to get involved in your new community.
Additional information about the prep work you need to complete in advance of your Change-of-Campus Orientation program, and directions to campus can be found by navigating through the various menus at the bottom of the page.
We will provide a continental breakfast and lunch coupon for you as part of Change-of-Campus Orientation. Unfortunately, these events are not open to guests.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our Contact Us page for additional information.